“Driven by our pursuit to deliver high-quality and accessible healthcare, we have placed sustainability at the heart of our decision-making framework. We continually strive to enhance the positive impact of our operations and deliver long-term value for all our stakeholders.”
Dr Shamsheer Vayalil, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director.
Burjeel Holdings is committed to improving its ESG performance, implementing initiatives and making investments that elevate the performance of its businesses, while reducing environmental impacts, adding value to its communities and employees, and ensuring strong governance across the business.
Environmental, Social, &
Burjeel Holdings continues to focus on minimizing the environmental impact of its operations, with dedicated site programs related to greenhouse gas reduction, waste management and reducing other impacts. The group complies with all applicable legal and regulatory environmental standards to best serve patients, visitors, employees and the environment, following best practice in the management of energy usage and consumption, and the disposal of waste.
The group aims to achieve:
- Carbon neutrality by 2030
- Sustainable use and re-use of water by 2030
- Zero waste to landfill by 2030
Recently completed environmental projects include:
- Fully automated HVAC operation: Complete HVAC operations from chiller plant to the field units are operated through the logical program in the BMS system. This ensures staging of Chillers, pumps, AHUs, FAHUs, FCUs etc. to minimum required load based on actual demand.
- Centralized solar water heating system: Centralized solar water heater system includes solar collector panels at the roof level of all the towers.
Burjeel Holdings is committed to supporting, protecting, serving and engaging with key stakeholders including employees, physicians, patients and the communities served. The group proudly provides meaningful contributions in many ways, making a positive and lasting impact.
Some of Burjeel Holdings’ recent social initiatives include:
- Over 10,000 free mammograms for breast cancer awareness and screening through a dedicated mobile mammography unit since 2010.
- Offered ‘100 Free Heart Surgeries’ for the underprivileged.
- Donations to the Indian Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund for Jammu & Kashmir Flood Victims.
Burjeel Holdings is committed to the highest levels of governance and in 2022 appointed a Board of Directors with significant international industry and governance experience to help guide the company through its next phase of expansion. This Board of Directors is supported by an Audit Committee, Nomination and Remuneration Committee and Executive Committee. Across all its brands and businesses, Burjeel Holdings has implemented effective and transparent governance frameworks, in line with best in class standards and regulatory requirements.