Our ESG approach is built upon three pillars which form the core of Burjeel’s decision-making framework, strategic initiatives and operational practices:
- Healthy Business
- Healthy Planet
- Healthy People
We operate a comprehensive governance structure with an ethical business culture and strict patient data protection policies at its core
- 5/7 board members are independent (70%)
- 1 board members is woman
- Extensive workforce safety (248) and wellbeing (384) programs delivered in 2022.
- Developing a diverse and inclusive work culture – Burjeel Holding Group consists of 54% female employees and the UAE healthcare business overall is 55% female employees.
- 77 nationalities are represented across Burjeel Holdings.
We’re constantly striving to minimize the environmental impact of our operations with dedicated site programs related to greenhouse gas reduction and waste management.
- Carbon neutrality by 2030
- Sustainable use and re-use of water by 2030
- Zero waste to landfill by 2030
Energy saving initiatives delivering sustainable results.
- Energy consumption for lighting reduced by 20-30%.
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) energy consumption in select hospitals reduced by 20%.
- Centralized solar water heater systems
- Electric car charging stations
- Energy-efficient LED lights
- Motion sensor active lights
- Staff awareness program
We have an unwavering commitment to enabling access to high-quality care for patients across the entire socio-economic spectrum and delivering medical humanitarian aid in the Middle East, Africa and Asia through our ‘Healing Beyond Boundaries’ initiative.
Expertise to make an impact
- Academic Medicine and Training Initiative to further improve disease prevention and treatment capabilities in the MENA region
- Partnered with Jefferson Health in the USA and Hologic to develop solutions for women’s reproductive health and rights through the WEF Women’s Health Initiative.
- Pledged to help close the gap on global health equity at the WEF joining The Global Health Equity Network, first-in-kind network to create a healthier and fairer world.
- Amongst the first organizations in MENA to join the EDISON Alliance’s ‘1 Billion Lives Challenge’ initiative advancing digital inclusion in key areas of health, finance and education.
Contributing to five of the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals:
Good Health and Wellbeing, Clean Water and Sanitation, Decent Work and Economic Growth, Responsible Consumption and Production, and Climate Action.